SkyView navigation functionality

steve_izett

Hi there.
I have very little experience with the Skyview system in our recently completed Glasair Super IIRG
My test pilot for Phase #1 has asked me the following questions:
How does one access navigation functionality without the Map screen active?
How does one access navigation functionality with only the PFD screen active?
Can anyone help me out thanks.
Steve

RVDan

I love flying!
I would suggest you download and review the Skyview users manual from the Dynon site. It contains thorough information.
Short answer is, if you are using the Skyview GPS, then select it as the HSI source, under the PDF/ HSI source. The source indication next to the HSI should say Skyview GPS. The deviation from the GPS course is shown on the CDI. Reading the manual will reveal the rest. If not familiar with glass displays some studying will be necessary.

steve_izett

We have both read through the manuals. My test pilot is very familiar with Garmin G3X. He ask's:
1. Is there any way to get to a list similar to the NRST (preferably from the top level/main menu)?
2. Does the Dynon assume that a MAP is always active?
3. Is the GPS navigation functionality unavailable unless MAP is active?

Thanks for any help.
Steve

RVDan

I love flying!
We have both read through the manuals. My test pilot is very familiar with Garmin G3X. He ask's:
1. Is there any way to get to a list similar to the NRST (preferably from the top level/main menu)?
2. Does the Dynon assume that a MAP is always active?
3. Is the GPS navigation functionality unavailable unless MAP is active?

Thanks for any help.
Steve
The GARMIN approach is pretty different.

1. yes. Use the Map/NRST selection on the bottom buttons.
2. Depends on the display layout set up by the user. If the display layout is setup with Map always present you may not be able to deselect. Access these controls in the bottom buttons under Screen. To change the available display layout, you would need to go into setup which is best done on the ground.
3 No. GPS data to the CDI is dependent on the selected HSI source, and the CDI will display course deviation even if the map is deselected.