Upload Firmware/Settings Backup

ffried

I have two D180's

D180 A is currently in use
D180 B is a back up in storage, not installed

I'm trying to make B identical to A

Dynon support has advised that the way to do this is to create an OEM backup of the settings on A and then upload those settings to B.

When attempting to upload to B I get an error message:

Upload Firmware/Settings Backup
Product Support Program
FlightDEK-D180 v5.6.1.253 (Serial #1294)
EDC-D10A v5.6.1.253 (Serial #16707)
ERROR MESSAGE:
File C:\Uers\User\Documents\DYNON f\DYNON settings_archives\FlightDEK-D-180_OEM1 settings.efs is invalid or corrupt!

Reason: This OEM Settings backup is intended for version 0.0.0.0 but your instrument needs version 5.6.1.253

What does this mean and how do I solve it?

Many thanks

Philip

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We think there's a bug in the support program that we don't quite understand, and probably won't fix because it is super rarely encountered. However, searching through our support archives, I think there may be a workaround. It's a little complex, but here's something to try:
  1. Make sure that CONFIGURE PROGRAM OPTIONS > ENABLE SPECIAL OEM FUNCTIONS is checked in the support program
  2. Instead of doing a regular settings backup, do a "locked settings backup" from the main screen. In this scenario, because we're not locking any items, you won't have anything locked or password protected when we're done.
  3. On the page that says "Which settings should be backed up?", leave just the defaults checked, which are User Setting and Checklists. User Calibrations should not be checked.
  4. Do not fill out anything on the Enter Contact info page.
  5. On all the other checkbox screens, do not check anything.
  6. Pick a simple password, any password. It won't really be utilized because nothing will be locked, but, good to keep it around anyway.
  7. Leave the serial number field blank.
  8. The output of this process will be a settings file that can be loaded onto other D180s that have the same firmware version on them. The file is usable on units equipped with that version only.