TRAFFIC .. TRAFFIC.. TRAFFIC.. Please shut up!

russp

I love flying!
I'm feeding traffic info in via a serial feed and while I love the visual depiction on the screen the continual chirping of TRAFFIC .. TRAFFIC.. TRAFFIC.. is just plain distracting and seems to happen even if there is traffic that is no threat or a long long way away.. I just want to turn off the audio warning (or at the very least turn the volume RIGHT down) but can'y find where I can do this or even if it's possible. Please tell me it is or I may have to consider disabling traffic display as I just don't think I can cope with TRAFFIC every 10 or 20 seconds for the whole flight.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Audible traffic alerts are only thrown for targets that SkyView perceives to be a threat (using path prediction for most sources). So if you're hearing it a lot, the device might be returning an "own ship" target very close to you. There may be a setting on the device to help screen/filter that. We've also improved our ghost target filtering in the latest software, at least for SV-ADSB-472 based targets.

Regardless, go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > AUDIO SETUP > TRAFFIC if you'd like to suppress the audio alerts.

RVDan

I love flying!
My major complaint about traffic callouts is that I get them while on approach based on ground traffic sitting on the taxiway queued to the runway. Not sure about your algorithm that initiates a traffic callout, but I would think stationary traffic on ground while I’m a mile out on approach should be silenced. Unless, the traffic was on the runway of course.

jdubner

... I get them while on approach based on ground traffic sitting on the taxiway queued to the runway. ...
This.

Aircraft taxiing on the parallel give them also. And I get them from aircraft on final as I taxi on the parallel to my hangar.

It's not a "ghost image".

russp

I love flying!
Audible traffic alerts are only thrown for targets that SkyView perceives to be a threat (using path prediction for most sources). So if you're hearing it a lot, the device might be returning an "own ship" target very close to you. There may be a setting on the device to help screen/filter that. We've also improved our ghost target filtering in the latest software, at least for SV-ADSB-472 based targets.

Regardless, go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > AUDIO SETUP > TRAFFIC if you'd like to suppress the audio alerts.
Thanks for that, it’s not a ghost it’s bearingless targets being output by my pilotaware I’ve now worked out, Turing the audio off worked great as I get Audio traffic warnings from SkyDemon anyway and that filters out bearingless targets.