Multi engine certification

Leonard

I’m interested to understand why multi engine certification progress is lagging so far behind the singles. According to Dynon’s website, there are currently more than 600 single engine approvals. I believe those are achieved in a relatively short time period, why then is the multi engine progress so slow?

Last edited:

b2002

I’m interested to understand why multi engine certification progress is lagging so far behind the singles. Accor to Dynon’s website, there are currently more than 600 single engine approvals. I believe those are achieved in a relatively short period, why then is the multi engine progress so slow?
Wondering the same. A Dynon screen even without a Dynon AP would be great. I have been waiting a long time for the BE55 certification, finally gave up and ordered an STEC 3100 AP, but I would still install a Dynon screen if it was available.

Leonard

Wondering the same. A Dynon screen even without a Dynon AP would be great. I have been waiting a long time for the BE55 certification, finally gave up and ordered an STEC 3100 AP, but I would still install a Dynon screen if it was available.
Yes, the current installation on my J35 bonanza is still great even without AP. and I’m looking at a twin project which I think the HDX will be perfect.

Rhino

Welcome to the FAA. Our motto is 'We're not happy until you're not happy.'

The multi-engine development process is necessarily more complex, but Dynon has no control over the FAA, and that's almost always where the delays occur.

b2002

Welcome to the FAA. Our motto is 'We're not happy until you're not happy.'

The multi-engine development process is necessarily more complex, but Dynon has no control over the FAA, and that's almost always where the delays occur.
I'd be happy with a large PFD screen without any engine monitoring. That wouldn't seem to require any further development. Wonder if Dynon would consider that for twins that already have engine monitoring or don't want to use the Dynon screen for that purpose.

Leonard

I'd be happy with a large PFD screen without any engine monitoring. That wouldn't seem to require any further development. Wonder if Dynon would consider that for twins that already have engine monitoring or don't want to use the Dynon screen for that purpose.
I'll be cool with that arrangement too! Will someone from Dynon provide some insight?

M20Driver

I completely believe the FAA has become corrupt and only catering to one company. I’d hate to own or run a company that relied on the approval from our modern government. The rules and standards are not even across the board.

b2002

Still hoping for multi-engine screen approval, even without AP or engine monitoring!

B55 driver