Audio warnings

KiwiRV8

I love flying!
How do I turn on the audio warnings on my Skyview

As far as I can see everything is turned on in the menu but it won’t talk to me

My RV Skyview talks to me but my other aircraft also with Dynon Skyview won’t ??

Rhino

If you have everything turned on in SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > AUDIO SETUP, and also don't get the “Dynon Avionics SkyView” audio when the system powers up, you probably have a bad display or a wiring issue. Is this a new install?

andresmith76

I love flying!
A screenshot of the Setup menu Rhino said.

Attachments

• 26-System Setup-Audio Setup.png
    26-System Setup-Audio Setup.png
    164 KB · Views: 62

KiwiRV8

I love flying!
If you have everything turned on in SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > AUDIO SETUP, and also don't get the “Dynon Avionics SkyView” audio when the system powers up, you probably have a bad display or a wiring issue. Is this a new install?
It’s 2 years old.

n28et

I love flying!
You mention the unit is 2 years old. Did the audio previously work and now stopped? I had that issue several years ago. Contacted Dynon support and they requested I send the unit back. They repaired it and has been working fine since. Mine is the original classic Skyview.

Rhino

I assume all other audio in the cockpit works, and it's only the Skyview audio missing. If this worked before, and does not work now, I would temporarily tie a speaker to pin 13 or 31 on the Skyview. If you don't have audio there, there's no point in looking elsewhere.

rjones560

How do I turn on the audio warnings on my Skyview

As far as I can see everything is turned on in the menu but it won’t talk to me

My RV Skyview talks to me but my other aircraft also with Dynon Skyview won’t ??
I am guessing that you must have an audio panel. The Dynon must be wired into the audio panel on an unswitched input, one that you can’t select on or off. Has that been done? What model of audio panel do you have. That would be helpful. The Dynon also has a volume control in the software. If that was turned all the way down you would not hear it even if everything is wired right. Really a lot more information is needed to be helpful.