172 new install

BillSteinmetz

I fired up and network connected my SkyView HDX in my 1967 H model 172 today for the first time. I am a longtime ForeFlight user and really (REALLY!!) like the functionality of their APP and currently have a Canadian and US subscription which I use for VFR only. I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but I am already paying 200$ a year to FF and am curious about what my options are for MAP functionality with my SkyView besides adding another subscription to Seattle Avionics. I think I know the answer to this question, but I have to at least ask; can I run ForeFlight on my HDX? Is there any type of basic Sectional based functionality in MAP mode without a subscription to Seattle Avionics?

Last edited:

JohnAJohnson

I love flying!
I would contact Seattle Avionics immediately. They usually have a life time subscription for $300 during Oshkosh.

I wrote them last week and asked if they were going to do it this year, and they said, "no more lifetimes, it's the end of an era."

bob m

If I were strictly VFR and didn't need to see the sectional maps on the HDX (instead I'd just use the iPad/Foreflight for that), no need for a Seattle Avionics subscription. The free updates from Dynon include airports and basic maps. When I'm just putting around, I find the sectional maps a bit too cluttered anyway. By the way--congratulations on the install. I'm really pleased with mine, too.