2nd EFIS display?

N941WR

As I daydream about how I want to set up my panel I already know that both the EFIS and the EMS units will be mounted in front of the pilot.

I understand that the EMS can display the EFIS information and Dynon suggested I put the EMS on the right side (My wife wants to get her PPL in my RV-9 when it is finished.) but I like the idea of having the engine instruments within easy scanning distance of the pilot, not over on the right side.

The quest is this, can the EFIS feed (power?) a second display unit that is mounted on the right side of the panel or do I have to buy a complete head unit? If so, what kind of $$$ are we talking about?

Thanks,
Bill
RV-9 Fuselage
www.repucci.com/bill/baf.html

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bill,
We currently do not sell any "display only" devices. The majority of manufacturing cost in the instrument comes from the screen and power supplies, both of which we would need to recreate in a display only device. Then we would need to write new software for that unit. It just hasn't made economic sense to create a display unit.

We would suggest that if all you want is a second display, you would buy a second EMS ($1895) and use it as a EFIS display. Of course, you could go the extra $300 and get a full backup EFIS.

Sorry we don't have a better option for you right now.