601 XL Install

lwhitlow

Hi All

Last night I took the plunge and ordered an AP-74, a regular SV-32 and a capstan SV-32 to install into my nearly complete Zenith 601 XL

Are there any pictures of the tester aircraft that might give me some hints on the better install locations for the servos??

I'm pretty sure where the roll servo has to go and  earlier in the build process I already drilled a hole,for the push pull tube, in the plate at the end of the torque tube where the aileron cables attach.

But while I have a good idea of where the capstan servo should mount, pictures of a working install would be very helpful and much appreciated

Larry Whitlow
N69102 Reserved
601XL 90% Complete 46% to go

GigG

Follow this link over to the Matronics 601 Forum for some photos and posts on the subject.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=58107

Rhino

I'll likely be using the 601 kit for my 750 because there is no 750 kit. Let me know how yours goes.

lwhitlow

I'll likely be using the 601 kit for my 750 because there is no 750 kit. Let me know how yours goes.

Well don't wait for me....  There is no "601 kit"  you by one regular sv-32 and one capstan sv-32 , and the generic roll kit on the Dynon site

Then get the Tru Trak install drawings referenced in the above thread, and take a good look at the pictures there, and then just go after it  I've got the Roll brackets done and am working on the pitch bracket but Im not mounting either one till i get the control cables rigged so I can get the placement correct

Larry

GigG

I built my mount for the pitch yesterday evening (Figured I do the harder one first) and forgot to take a photo. I plan to go to the airport tonight and if I do I will take a couple of photos and post them.

I made one change from the photo's I linked to above. The 0.050 aluminum is to hard for me to accurately bend with the tools on hand so I used standard L angles for the bends and riveted it together. Seems pretty stout.