Adding second Classic Dynon Skyview overwrites original settings

hoyden

I added a second Skyview to my panel. The new Skyview came from a different plane and the setting were different. The new Skyview appears to have overwritten the original settings such as the fuel quantity. Can I restore my original setting from either the sensor config file or the user config file? Or will I have to recalibrate the fuel quantity? I have archive user and sensor config files from February 2021.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
For anyone following along, the key here is to reset the incoming display (whose settings you want overwritten by yours, not the other way around) is to set the tail number on that new display to "DYNON" before you configure. That primes it to take on settings from another display (including the tail number). This is in fact how displays are shipped. And of course, take settings backups before performing any new display additions. The system actually writes a backup automatically before any software update, so even if you haven't pulled on manually, there's usually something on a stick if you've updated software on it.