AirNav Pro support

schwbo

I love flying!
It would be great if you offer an integration with AirNav in the same way you have with Foreflight.

preid

What specifically would you look for from Airnav? fuel pricing, best routes for fuel built into MAP?
Personally, I would rather have a wifi connection in general that allowed me to take a .gpx from AOPA IFP, or iflightplanner or pull the Dynon database each month directly from the ipad, versus being locked into a subscription to foreflight or anyone, and being limited to ONLY that app.

Eric_Greenwell

I love soaring! Flying is good, too.
Wi-fi adapter with memory

Does the wi-fi adapter have any memory that could be used for screen shots? I routinely take a few each flight for some instrument readings, and images from the video adapter. It'd be convenient to use my iPad to suck the screen shots off the wi-fi adapter, instead having to take a USB drive home every day (and remembering to replace it before the next flight).

Transferring database updates from the iPad to SkyView - also a useful feature. With that and the screen shots, at least I'd have a reason to get the adapter, which I don't now, because I use Foreflight Basic, not Pro.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The wi-fi adapter does not have any on-board memory for that purpose. There isn't a way to transmit screenshots at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion!

Langdon

I love flying!
It would be great if Dynon would work with a provider that supports the Southern Hemisphere, I have been attempting to have them work with Ozrunways which seemed to start well but I understand that dialog with Dynon broke down. I hope this isn't a case. It's a pity AirNav does not support android as it's nice to use a tablet with real GPS capability.

schwbo

I love flying!
Dynon support,

Can you please address the AirNav support.

Outside the US it's one of the most popular applications and has great maps and very friendly route selection.

I would greatly appreciate similar link up functionality as you have with Fireflight.

dublinpilot

I love flying!
It would be great if Dynon would work with a provider that supports the Southern Hemisphere

PocketFMS data and EasyVFR app provides support for Australia & New Zealand and is fully compatible with Dynon SkyView.

Langdon

I love flying!
Yes but it is a bit clunky to use and the mapping of PFMS is not close to the standard of Ozrunways. Ozrunways want to work with you to provide a service similar to Foreflight but I understand they have not been able to get a response after repeated attempts. It would be great if we could overlay Skyview maps with the full range of aeronautical charts that Ozrunways can provide and they are keen to provide a WiFi link for planning.
Unless you have an exclusive deal with another company I fail to see why you wouldn't jump at the chance to work with such a great provider.
It's disappointing to have to use an iPad for navigation when you pay for an entire Skyview system.

dublinpilot

I love flying!
Yes but it is a bit clunky to use and the mapping of PFMS is not close to the standard of Ozrunways.

Obviously your opinion will be biased towards your own company, and ours will be biased towards ours.

I think it's sufficient so say that PocketFMS users in Australia & New Zealand made a choice that shows there is at least a variance in opinion.

I just wanted to correct your statement that Dynon does not work with a provider that supports Australia & New Zealand. That is incorrect. PocketFMS fully supports that region.

jakej

Yes but it is a bit clunky to use and the mapping of PFMS is not close to the standard of Ozrunways.

Obviously your opinion will be biased towards your own company, and ours will be biased towards ours.

I think it's sufficient so say that PocketFMS users in Australia & New Zealand made a choice that shows there is at least a variance in opinion.

I just wanted to correct your statement that Dynon does not work with a provider that supports Australia & New Zealand. That is incorrect. PocketFMS fully supports that region.

I think you miss the point &  the comment "Obviously your opinion will be biased towards your own company" at face value is incorrect.  He doesn't have any interest in that company that I'm aware of - Langdon has a reasonable request here as there are so many now who use iPads (or Androids) here & therefore Ozrunways or Avplan as we find other database options eg Jepps & PFMS, for VFR, are relatively limited in mapping detail as compared to using WACs (I think they are called sectionals in USA).
In fact some are just using tablets for Flight Instruments & I envisage the day (sooner rather than later) where all glass instruments now will be replaced by tablets.  Wifi & bluetooth are here to stay for now & I predict it will be a short time until there is wireless interface to things like autopilots - that will be a game changer for existing manufacturers.

Jake J

Langdon

I love flying!
Thanks Jake, I definitely have no association with Ozrunways, actually I have more to do with PFMS as I have to use them for data. Funny how some think your motive is something other than for an improvement to what is essentially a great suit of products (Skyview). Unfortunately let down by exceptionally poor mapping.
The funny thing is PFMS also want to work with Dynon to improve the mapping.

Langdon

I love flying!
It would be great if Dynon would work with a provider that supports the Southern Hemisphere

PocketFMS data and EasyVFR app provides support for Australia & New Zealand and is fully compatible with Dynon SkyView.

Dublinpilot If you look at the link NZ Charts in this forum you can see this from Dynon support:
Wal,
We don't currently have any partners that can display the NZ AIP's on SkyView (Even Jeppesen). It's on our list to support that in the future.

schwbo

I love flying!
PocketFMS provides Nav data set, but I wanted a wifi integration with AirNav Pro to allow for sharing flight plans etc.

schwbo

I love flying!
Dynon support,

Any news on offering wifi integration with Airnav pro?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I don't think that Airnav pro has done any SkyView integration with their apps at this point.