altitude converter

AMI

G'Day

We have fitted a D10A with a Microair XPDR and am having some trouble with getting them to talk to each other.
We have checked the wiring and all seems to be correct.
On the ground the EFIS and XPDR display the same alt as they do up to 700ft after which the XPDR starts counting back until 0 with the aircraft at 1400ft, contiuning the climb the XPDR goes into neg until -1000ft and then display no alt

Please help
Many thanks
AMI

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Check your B1 line- This line being disconnected or mis-wired would cause this problem.

AMI

G'Day

We have checked the B1 wire and all the other wires and all seems to be ok.
Do you have any other advise

Thanks for your quick response the other day

Many thanks ami

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As a test, send the B1 wire coming off the transponder to ground. You should see a new set of altitudes reported. If you do, then the problem is likely with our encoder converter module, and we should get it back from you for repair. If you see the same altitude performance, there may be something wrong with the transponder itself.

Let us know your findings

JCmmpt

Hy there:
I´ve bought a garmin GTX-320A xponder, and I don´t know if it is gray code signal or the same at GARMIN GTX-327. I´d like to know it in order to decide about the altitude converter module. Could you help me? Thanks in advance, JC - Aracaju - Brasil

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The Garmin GTX-320A needs the converter module. Only the 327 and 330 are serial.