Ampmeter Shunt

garys

The directions state:

Pin 24 O/G AMPS high?
Pin 25 O/P AMPS low?

Is this the hook-up on each side of the shunt, if so what side is the high side?

I have an Ellison throttle body with no taps for the carb. sensor. Where should I drill & tap one in? Should the probe be in the air flow? Is there a drawing on this?

My EFIS-D10 is on the way back to you for an altitude glitch. Will it come back with the latest software?

Garys

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Gary,

Yes, the high and low connect to either side of the amps shunt. You should arrange the high and low connections in such a way that positive current is indicated to your liking. The EMS-D10 interprets current flowing from the "high" terminal of the shunt to the "low" terminal as positive. Likewise, current flowing from the "low" terminal toward the "high" one is interpreted as negative current. It is up to you how you want these displayed, as you have three options in the manual for connection.

Regarding the carb temp sensor, there should have been a one page instruction sheet that came with your carb temp probe. If there wasn't, I apologize. We can send you a copy if you'd like. The instructions show the probe being installed in the venturi area at the point where ice first begins to form in the carburetor. This is after the main nozzle and before the throttle valve. They also state: "If the carburetor has not been drilled and tapped for this plug, remove the carburetor from the engine and drill out the lead plug. Tap this hole with a 1/4-28 tap. Prior to re-installation , be certain to remove all burrs and chips from the carburetor.

Yes, your EFIS-D10 will be shipped back to you with the latest software.

longezo320

I am ready to install my ammeter shunt.  I previously had an EI volt/amp gage using an external shunt.  It was mounted on the bottom of the engine case on an existing boss.  Will the shunt Dynon supplies be OK mounted there as well?  All my wiring will fit up if I can mount it there-I will just have to fabricate a mounting plate to account for the difference in mounting configuration.  This is on a Long-EZ and the location is on the bottom side of the engine with a pretty good source of cooling air.

Thanks,

Sam Chambers
Long-EZ N7756AM
Glasgow, KY

alfons

The directions state:

Pin 24 O/G AMPS high?
Pin 25 O/P AMPS low?

Is this the hook-up on each side of the shunt, if so what side is the high side?

I have an Ellison throttle body with no taps for the carb. sensor. Where should I drill & tap one in? Should the probe be in the air flow? Is there a drawing on this?

My EFIS-D10 is on the way back to you for an altitude glitch. Will it come back with the latest software?

Garys

alfons

Alfons

Pin 24 O/G AMPS high?
Pin 25 O/P AMPS low?

I'm not worried about which side is hight or low this will be easy to swap if wrong but the fact that these thin wires going to the EMS-D10 are NOT FUSED and if anything goes wrong it will be fireworks in the cockpit, the batterie apms wil kill this wire if shorted to ground.
I planed to mount 2 smal car type blade fuses right next to the shunt and then go to the EMS-D10

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The EMS itself is protected against an external short, but you can elect to install fuses on the wires that go back to the EMS to prevent any "fireworks" that could occur if they somehow got shorted to ground.