Amps reading

carl_nank

Hi,

Just installed EMS and my amps read -99 (thats is negative 99 amps), even with the engine not running. Obviously I did something wrong. NEED HELP!

Voltage seems fine.

Carl Nank

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Is the shunt on the positive or negative side of the electrical system? Only the positive side will work.

carl_nank

The shunt is connected to the copper strap between the master relay and the starter relay. The other end has a cable (#8) attached that goes to the bus bar.

Carl

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
First step in testing all of this:

Make sure you have your sensor type set to "1"

Then, hook both sensor wires to the same lug on the shunt (doesn't matter which side). They must be hooked to the shunt as well, they can't be free. When you do this, you should get 0A all the time. If you don't, then there is either a wiring problem or a problem in the unit.

carl_nank

The good news is I had the incorrect sensor "2" programmed :-/. So it was an easy fix. The bad news is, I was so sure I had the correct "1" sensor programmed, that I removed the 37 pin D-Sub and checked continuity first :'(. I think it was like a computer and my original selection did not get saved.

Oh well, Iam learning this system slowley but surely and that is fun and what it is all about.

0thanks and CAVU!
Carl Nank