Any new AP User Updates

stevek7m

Just wondering how everyones AP is working now with the new software??
Steve

jlakins

I am still seeing intermittent disconnects with D-180 and GNS-430.
I am planning to upgrade to Skyview once they have Autopilot support so I have not contacted support yet. I am waiting to see the Skyview feature schedule first.

DBRV10

Are you using serial ? We have ARINC429 and the HS34. No Problems.

I have seen other AVMAP installs where the serial issues are a problem from time to time.

jlakins

Yes I am using serial.
I just started flying in August and installed the D-180 as a minimum system until Skyview became available.
Once the AP is supported I will upgrade and when the Skyview ARINC module is available I plan to install it.

dedgemon

I'm flying the autopilot in an RV-8 (about 10 hours now, so its a new install). Autopilot seems to working very well. The only real thing I've tuned is to bump up the turn rate limit to 3 deg/sec (standard rate turn).

yesterday I was making turns with ALT and HDG modes enabled, at about 180 knots. Spin the heading bug 90 degrees and the plane would roll up about 30 degrees or so, lose maybe 30 feet and smoothly turn to the new heading. GPS trk is a little better since the GPS track data is better behaved than the magnetometer (I haven't calibrated it yet).