Anyone look at their TACH times after the update?

jcarne

It would appear I have possibly found another bug in the new update. Anyone else see TACH times doing anything like this?

Here is the before.
tach before.JPG

Here is after the update.
tach1.JPG

Finally, had a chance to get the diagnostic file downloaded, will send to Dynon soon. I'll keep you guys updated but wondered if anyone else has seen this.

RV8JD

The thread linked below identified the problem you're seeing with v16.2.4, and Don Jones (Dynon) found the source of the problem in Post #8 and #13:

From Don:

"I have isolated this bug. It is caused by the difference in pulse per revolution settings between one standard mag and another ignition system that is using a different pulse per revolution. I have the case written up for engineering to fix, but they won't resolve it until version 16.3 which is due out first quarter of the new year. There is a work around (although it may not be ideal), if you temporarily disconnect one of the tach inputs and run a single tach input, TACH TIME works fine. If it were me, I would fail the mag input.
The only other way to resolve it will be to go back to version 16.0.8
If you want to go back in software, contact me at support@dynonavionics.com. I will need to send some files and a link to the software to make the system load an earlier version."

I downgraded back to v16.0.8 until it gets fixed in v16.3.

Last edited:

jcarne

Thanks for the link, I tried to see if this has been asked before; don't know how I missed that title! haha