AOA MALFUNCTION

johnsteichen

My AOA has been installed for over a year and functioned very well.
With no specific changes to the system, it has become so irratic that I had to take it off line to prevent annoying warnings during take off and landing.
I have checked connections at the pitot tube and by the dual ADAHRS modules. No obvious disconnections or looseness observed. No visible obstructiion of either the pitot opening or the AOA sensor opening. No insects apparent in the tubes.
The erratic warning tone disappears above 95 knots. I have tried recalabrating the system once with no change. I am stumped. :-/

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
A couple of things to try: First, use the ADAHRS settings in PFD SETUP > ADAHRS SOURCE SELECTION to see if it does this when only one of the ADAHRS is the primary/active. Alternatively, you can physically disconnect them one a time to test this as well. Another thing to try: Perform a zero pressure calibration when on the ground, and THEN re-do your AOA calibration. Some additional details on this are on page 5-22 of the SkyView System Installation Guide.

johnsteichen

I have tested both ADAHRS and the problem persists with either module.
I have done a static calibration and redid the aoa calibration

Problem persists
Nothing seems to be disturbed with the aoa line from the pitot tube
Still stumped over the malfunction ????

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Our next suggestion is to disconnect the AoA tube from the ADAHRs, and use a air pressure source to blow out the line. (Do not blow air into the pitot end with the ADAHRs still connected, as that can damage them.)

johnsteichen

I have blown out the AOA Line and success. something poped and came out of the port. Have not had a chance to test fly, but almost certain the problem is solved.
Not sure what it was becuse when it blew out, it was lost on the hanger floor. It was not water. Thanks, My mind knew I had to do this as the next step but I needed your push. ;D

johnsteichen

Flight test today on the AOA. Recalibrated with stalls. Everything back to normal. Yea [ch129299]