AP Diagnostic and Test selections will not work

RV6ARoger

After about a year on the autopilot, I was flying last week, and the roll AP appeared to turn off with a roll error. After landing, I tried to check and test the AP. The Servo is seen on the network, the numbers change when I move the stick from + values to - values. I tried to do a test where it moves the stick automatically under test, but the selection on the screen will not allow me to select the test feature or the one above it. All that will work is the status screen. I am sure I can figure this out, but I need to be able to select the test feature. Any help here would be appreciated. The pitch servo works fine. I did nave a ground issue with the pitch servo power when I first installed the servo, but I think I corrected that. Would a poor ground cause this? Also why won't the screen select the TEST feature? Thanks.

RV6ARoger

That is possible, but my main concern is why the test functions on the screen will not work. They just don't appear to be available for some reason. Thanks for the possibility.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you still have a servo error, then you can't get to calibration or test. Test is a motion test that we can't accomplish if we can't talk to the servos, so we don't allow you in here if we think there is an issue.

Are you saying that now you are on the ground, both roll and pitch show no errors, and in NETWORK STATUS they are both listed with no errors of any kind?

RV6ARoger

I don't see any errors on the ground. The status looks OK, and the network sees the servos. Can you give me a procedure to figure this out? You, know, step one do this, step 2 do this. etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Roger.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Roger - you should give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 to work through it with them.

DBRV10

Quite possibly a thermal turbulence upset that the servo could not over power.

Even worse when the plane needs some aileron trim to counter a load.

I have them some times and it seems always to be slip in turbulence.