AP/Knob Panels Installed and Working…. But the Trim…

StephenMiner

I have an RV-12 with Rotax 912 ULS, Skyview Classic signed screen, 2 axis AP, and just installed the AP panel and Knob panel. I got the new AP 37 pin connected and plugged in to my master control module. When I finished, everything worked great! Knobs function properly, AP works and flies with no issues, but the trim does not work. I have a trim switch that I left alone since I didn’t know how to connect the 3 wires out of the back of the AP panel… but now that switch wont work and obviously the AP panel is not connected to the trim. The 3 wires out of the AP Panel are 1.Power 2.Trim Up 3.Trim Down. My question is: where do I plug those wires into? I cant seem to figure out if I need to wire them into a pin in the EMS, the master control module (maybe the switches pin). I am very new to all of this so I am so far out of my comfort zone, so i didn’t want to just start splicing wires and messing around with it. I appreciate any help at all!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Hi Stephen - If you haven't already, give our support team a call or email. Contact information is in our signature...

Stansuski

I ran in to the same exact problem Today (Sunday), I have inserted the 3 wires exactly as layout in the Van's instructions page 58-05, I have same issue as StephenMiner above, everything seems to work except for trim, (you cannot fly this with no trim),I have Van's latest software ver.16.4.0 installed. re checked all pins >>all OK, I will be calling Dynon Monday morning, Van's is lacking in the wiring instructions, HELP!!!!.
Stan