AP Panel Issue

Mark_Dickens

I have the AP panel installed and it appears that it has quit providing power to the elevator servo. I have verified on the bench that the servo is good and that the connection from the DB connector to the servo is good. The autopilot cannot control the servo in flight and my trim switch on my stick no longer works, so I have decided that the AP Panel box is bad. I will call Dynon tomorrow for instructions but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience. As of now, my elevator trim is non-functional entirely because of this single point of failure. Thanks

Edit: I have also verified that the AP Panel is receiving power from my VPX.

Last edited:

DBRV10

I have asked.........even if it is "in house" for dealers like me to access. It would help them a lot too.

Don.....are you reading this. We did discuss this a while back :)

Mark_Dickens

Since my VPX also has a trim controller built in, I decided I needed a way to use it as a back up, so I've installed a 4PDT switch to switch between the Dynon AP panel and the VPX. I'll leave it on the Dynon side unless I suffer another failure. For about $7.00 on Amazon, I eliminate one potential single point of failure. Not a bad investment