AP Servo and ARINC-429 dropping off network

rpoiesz

I love flying!
Happy to add more info, but I tried paying pros to do this and it's come back... wrong.
Currently running 7" display with EMS, ADAHRS, ADS-B, SV Com/Intercom, and SV remote Xpdr. Had my actual mechanic add 2 SV servos for a 2-axis autopilot and they worked fine, but pitch would porpoise no matter what, so we moved it closer to the control surface to eliminate play in the control system. During this operation, they did a few other things: changed electronic ignition, added ARINC-429 module and network hub, and added a GPS175.
Their wiring guy did it weird: spliced my roll servo and pitch servo into the EMS network cable, then used what I believe to be a Dynon supplied cable I ordered to attach the ARINC-429 to the network. When I went to pick the plane up, we had a hell of a time getting the ARINC and pitch servo to both show up at the same time. We had to shift around what plugs in where and eventually got them both online. Part of this was separating the roll and pitch servos out into their own plugs.
Everything looked great, so I started up and took off.
On the takeoff roll, the pitch servo went offline again.
Before I hit 2000', the ARINC-429 went offline.
Interestingly, when these occur, the network setup page shows the pitch servo simply disappearing, while the ARINC gets highlighted in Red. Does this mean two different things?
Also, somehow I used to have a manifold pressure readout and that gave me %power. Since they put the different electronic ignition in, I have neither, and they insist I couldn't possibly have had those since the items are not on my plane.
What did they do to my baby?
Sorry for the TL/DR, but I need help since I'm about to become the homebuilder I was hoping to pay enough not to need to be.

Raymo

I love aviation!
  • The AP servo should remain in the list unless you do a network discovery when it is offline.
  • Sounds like splicing into the network cable was done poorly or incorrectly. Dynon sells a splitter cable that does it well; making one is not easy due to the wire size and pin socket size.
  • MAP feeds into the EMS and is powered by the 5v output, which is typically shared with oil and fuel pressure sensors. The MAP sensor is the same as many automotive and typically gets pressure from the #3 cylinder. If they didn't hook the new ignition into the EMS for RPMs, you won't have %HP.
  • Keep in mind that everything except the AP servos on the network get power from the network (well maybe not everything else but anything critical that could/should run off the backup battery - e.g. ADAHRS). Be sure they ran separate power/ground to the AP servos (Dynon sells this harness too).