APT>COM issues

skyboy999

I love flying!
Pertinent hardware is SV-D1000T and SV-COM-PANEL running 16.0.2 (although these problems have been present on earlier versions and just got round to pinning down circumstances and posting).

By way of background, my airfield is located within EGCC airspace so (both departure and arrival) procedures require to be tuned into the "Approach' frequency.

Issue 1: My usual startup procedure is to power up the Dynon, start engine, then power up other avionics. Although EGCC correctly shows as the (standby) airport (as it would have been when last switched off), the various ATIS, ATC, TWR, GND frequencies are not loaded when relevant button pressed on COM panel (e.g. 'No ATIS').
If I then select EGCC (via NRST) and APT>COM, it still does not allow the frequencies to be selected.
If, however, I select a different airport (e.g. EGGP), select APT>COM for that airport and then EGCC and APT>COM, (most of) the frequencies are available.
I surmise that SV does not load them as it thinks they are already loaded although, in practice, they were lost when previously powered down.
I note that, if I power up COM at the same time as the EFIS, then all works as expected- seems that, as part of SV startup, it resends frequencies to COM?

Issue 2: Notwithstanding above, the 'Approach' ATC frequencies are not transferred. I can see some logic in this as the aircraft is on the ground but, as mentioned above, local procedures require one of these to be selected. As it is not available by cycling ATC frequencies, I have to go to INFO>COM, select the appropriate Approach frequency then 'TUNE COM'. Version 15.1.0 supposedly removed filtering of ATC frequencies but it seems still filters those defined for Approach.

Thanks

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I would've pointed at non-US frequencies that aren't interpreted perfectly correctly for both issues outside the US (ie, different databases), but issue 1 seems to be different depending on how you load up the frequency. So that's a bit of a head scratcher. I'd start an email dialog with our support team, which will help them get that issue into our but queue (assuming it is one). What database do you use, out of curiosity?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I'm stumped. My hunch is that it might be a bug that's tickled by some aspect of the interaction between SkyView and international data. You might engage our technical support team to try to work through this one in more detail - contact information is in our signature.