Are 2 splitters in series OK for A/P servos link?

Camillo

Hallo Dynon.
I just installed my ADAHRS module on my airplane.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=53392&page=2

I bought a splitter in order to connect the pitch servo wiring in the tail cone with the SV_NET cable. I now realized that it would be nice to connect in the same location also the roll servo. This will save me a pass-through the main longerons, which are really full of cables.

My question is: may I add a second splitter to the existing one in order to join the roll servo? I guess yes, but would like to be sure.

Thanks.
Camillo

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: Are 2 splitters in series OK for A/P servos li

Sure can.

schristo

just tap the signal... terminate with a d-sub

you really don't need a special splitter... just include a service loop for the 4 wires in the run as it passes by the wing that has the roll servo. cut and terminate a splice with d-sub pins in a 9 pin block along with the power, ground, and disconnect. same thing near the servo closer to the adahrs. i am doing this today and will post a picture later.

Camillo

Thanks to both.

Stephen, I did not understand how you intend to join the roll servo line to the other one. If you will post a photo, it will be nice.

Camillo

RV8MW

I'm at that point also would like to see picture of the splice. I had planned to run both wire runs from servos behind panel and use one splitter combining data wires at the back of the skyview display but would consider splicing could save some wire. Maybe dynon will tone in with some suggestions.