Audio Out

M

matherp(Guest)

Thanks for the quick response on the encoder output. Last wiring question. Which is the best pin to use as the ground return for the audio out. I want to wire this to the audio panel in anticipation of the AOA alarm which we need in the UK. I'm not using an EDC so can I use pin 24? I want to avoid trying to get a second wire onto pin 3

Thanks

Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Peter,
All grounds on the EFIS are the same. So you can use any of the following pins:

3, 9, 16, 21, 24

If you have an EMS, we do plan on supporting DSAB soon, so you might want to avoid using that pin. If you don't plan on using other Dynon products, pin 16 is probably a good option.

R

Ray Doerr(Guest)

Is it possible to connect the audio out of the EFIS and EMS together to the Telephone interface of the Garmin GMA 340 Audio panel? Will this cause any issues with the EFIS-D10A or EMS-D10? What audio tones or voices are generated from each unit?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Peter,

You should be able to connect them together as you suggest. In the corner case that you get alarms from both units at the same time, the audio signals would combine and you'd get something that may sound a bit different (but certainly won't damage anything).

The EMS generates a continuous tone when it throws an alarm per the conditions you have set up during EMS configuration. The EFIS does not currently generate any alarms, but the line is provided so that we can add them in future software updates.

R

Ray Doerr(Guest)

It would be nice to have a test audio option in the setup to be able to test the audio coming from both the EFIS and EMS and to be able to set the volume level of them on the audio panel prior to mounting everything in the plane. If you have it connected to the wrong pin, there will be no way to find this out a head of time. Garmin does an excellent job of this in there setup screens so you can test it out fully before leaving the ground.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ray,
The EMS does have a test function. We totally forgot to do it in the EFIS when we added the AOA alarm, so it will be in the next release. We're kind of embarassed that we forgot it, since it's such an obvious thing, but we also fully test and fly every software release that we do so we can't just crank another release out.

P

Philippe Dufour(Guest)

@Dynon support

What is the current state of the audio out in the EFIS-D100 with SW release 01.02.00. I've ordered the EFIS + AOA pitot + EMS.
* In case of reaching the red stall zone, does the EFIS-D100 generate an audio alarm with the SW release 01.02.00?
* Is there any alarm for the yellow caution zone?
* Is it possible to tune the alarm volume? My radio (including intercom functionality) does not allow volume control of the aux audio. An alarm volume controled by the EFIs would be great.
* In the previous message, you wrote the next release will include the audio test. Do you know any schedule for the next release?

Regards, Philippe.

P

Philippe Dufour(Guest)

My apologize, no need to reply to the question "Is there any alarm for the yellow caution zone? ":
the web site already give an answer (beeping tone that starts as AOA gets high and increases in frequency until it is a solid tone very near the critical AOA)

tim

Any news on the audio out update for the D100? Possible release date?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It will be out with the next firmware update, which is due in the next few weeks.