Auto Chart Updates

N941WR

I've been really good about keeping my charts updated but it drives me crazy that I insert a USB drive in the slot, power up the SkyView, it goes through its routine, and tells me that my charts are out of date.

Why can't it check the USB to see if there is a chart on it that should be installed and if it finds one, ask if I want to update the SV?

W

William_Ince

Why can't it check the USB to see if there is a chart on it that should be installed and if it finds one, ask if I want to update the SV?
Nope.
Some of us prefer total control. :cool:

airguy

Nope.
Some of us prefer total control. :cool:

I have to agree, I don't particularly like the idea of a forced load of software. I just don't see the positives outweighing the potential negatives.

N941WR

I think you two misunderstand my request. I would like the SV to ask if it should perform a chart update, if the current charts are on the USB drive.

Just like today, you would get a warning message that your current charts are out of date then a question asking if you would like to perform the update, but only if the new charts are on the USB drive.

You would still have control over what gets loaded.

cmgolden

I love flying!
I see Bill's point. Now it advises us the database is outdated. Why not also check to see if the update is present, and if so, notify and ask if we want to load the new database.

RobertHamilton

Staff member
Thank you. Duly noted for our product ideas list - both the idea to check if the data on the USB stick is current, and the (apparently common) opinion that user control is important.

-Robert