Auto Logbook

AndiK

I love flying!
Hello,

I propose an auto logbook function that records any flight activity. Skyview knows where the airplane is, it knows the time and it already displays time airborne. I am not sure about date information. The pilot name should be stored as well out of a drop down menu with all available pilot names. The logbook should be exportable as an excel file and other logbook formats.

Thanks

Andreas K

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you would really like to see such a feature implemented, please send an email to support AT dynonavionics DOT com, with the subject: Feature suggestion, please pass along to the development team.

Please include a very, very detailed outline of the functionality of such a feature. Please include how you would set up the feature, how it would work on SkyView, what the file would look like when exported, what logbook formats there are, etc.

The background of this is that a significant issue with the myriad of "one liner suggestions" that are most often posted here is that we don't receive details about HOW a suggested feature would be imagined to work (AKA... "the devil is in the details").

Dynon Avionics is now being more systematic and thorough when creating new features, including being biased towards implementing suggestions that are rich in detail.

Hello,

I propose an auto logbook function that records any flight activity. Skyview knows where the airplane is, it knows the time and it already displays time airborne. I am not sure about date information. The pilot name should be stored as well out of a drop down menu with all available pilot names. The logbook should be exportable as an excel file and other logbook formats.

Thanks

Andreas K

carlp101

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!
I've sent the following to support@dynonavionics.com. It's a starter for ten:

Log Book
--------

1. The system would record the take-off and landing times and locations. Ideally it would also record the “breadcrumbs” of the flight path and GPS altitude.
2. The logbook would store each flight in a FlightLogs folder on the USB stick that holds the obstacle database, etc. as a GPX or KML file that could be viewed in Google Earth.
3. It would be very useful if a second file was recorded for each flight that contained a subset of the blackbox data, namely:
a. UTC Time
b. RPM data
c. Fuel level/flow data
d. GPS altitude
e. Air pressure
f. TAS
g. IAS
h. Manifold pressure
i. Heading

Flightplan format
-----------------

The suggestion here is simply that all legs in a flight plan have either a height or flight level. If it’s a height it will be relative to the pressure  set on the BARO when flying. If it is a flight level it will be always based on 1013 hPa

This is also required for the Highway in the Sky suggestion.

Highway in the Sky
------------------

1. Displays a flightplan as a series of square boxes equally spaced ten seconds apart (based on the current TAS) along the flight path and rendered in three dimensions to form a corridor in the synthetic vision screen at the correct altitude based on the BARO pressure setting or flight level (see Flightplan format above).
2. When the aircraft is not flying along the flightplan path the boxes appear off to side of the aircraft relevant to its three dimensional position, reducing in size relative to the distance between them and the aircraft, with the smallest being large enough to be clearly visible no matter how far away they are (so you can’t lose sight of it and can track towards it).
3. When flying the path, the boxes appear as squares increasing in size to give the effect of flying through them.

Flight Plan Way Point Drag
--------------------------

This is the ability to ‘freeze’ the map temporarily so a waypoint can be dragged to a different position, and then un-freeze it. Perhaps double-tapping on the screen freezes it (and displays a FREEZE notice at the top-centre of the screen).

carlp101

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!
Hi Dynon.

Any news on this feature request?

Thanks
Carl

I've sent the following to support@dynonavionics.com. It's a starter for ten:

Log Book
--------

1. The system would record the take-off and landing times and locations. Ideally it would also record the “breadcrumbs” of the flight path and GPS altitude.
2. The logbook would store each flight in a FlightLogs folder on the USB stick that holds the obstacle database, etc. as a GPX or KML file that could be viewed in Google Earth.
3. It would be very useful if a second file was recorded for each flight that contained a subset of the blackbox data, namely:
a. UTC Time
b. RPM data
c. Fuel level/flow data
d. GPS altitude
e. Air pressure
f. TAS
g. IAS
h. Manifold pressure
i. Heading

Flightplan format
-----------------

The suggestion here is simply that all legs in a flight plan have either a height or flight level. If it’s a height it will be relative to the pressure  set on the BARO when flying. If it is a flight level it will be always based on 1013 hPa

This is also required for the Highway in the Sky suggestion.

Highway in the Sky
------------------

1. Displays a flightplan as a series of square boxes equally spaced ten seconds apart (based on the current TAS) along the flight path and rendered in three dimensions to form a corridor in the synthetic vision screen at the correct altitude based on the BARO pressure setting or flight level (see Flightplan format above).
2. When the aircraft is not flying along the flightplan path the boxes appear off to side of the aircraft relevant to its three dimensional position, reducing in size relative to the distance between them and the aircraft, with the smallest being large enough to be clearly visible no matter how far away they are (so you can’t lose sight of it and can track towards it).
3. When flying the path, the boxes appear as squares increasing in size to give the effect of flying through them.

Flight Plan Way Point Drag
--------------------------

This is the ability to ‘freeze’ the map temporarily so a waypoint can be dragged to a different position, and then un-freeze it. Perhaps double-tapping on the screen freezes it (and displays a FREEZE notice at the top-centre of the screen).