Auto pilot Servo calibrate

resojames

When I try to go through the servo calibration procedure after several prompted control inputs the system asks for yaw input. I only have roll and pitch servos installed. The servos are recognized during the configure process. I have rechecked the wiring and it is correct. I have the latest software (16.4) Apparently it must not be seeing movement in one of the servos. These are older servos purchased in 2015 that were used with a D100 but have "Sky View Ready" stickers on them and the proper wiring harness. Any suggestions how to trouble shoot ?

Rhino

Is this the the servo calibration procedure, test procedure, initial setup, or inflight tuning procedure?

Is this a new installation or a problem with an existing system that previously worked?

How do the servos show up in the Skyview network configuration? Have you tried recalibrating the Skyview network?

resojames

upgrade from d100 to HDX. Autopilot did work in old system. This is happening in the servo calibration Both servos are showing up in network config with the current software. I have reconfigured several times with same result

Rhino

Are they on separate connectors or jumpered together? Which one is not showing as it should, pitch or roll?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
SkyView will try to calibrate a yaw servo if the system doesn't see a servo move, or not move enough during the calibration process.
I have seen this happen with a broken shear screw, or when a step is skipped during calibration. Do the cal slow and methodically reading each step on the screen. Also, use the OK button on the screen and not the disconnect button. I have seen the disconnect double bounce causing it to skip over a step. Remember, the stick should go to all four corners of the travel.