Autopilot Not Always Recognized

daveg

Sometimes when I turn on my master switch, the autopilot mode on my D-180 shows as "AP: ERR-ERR."  I can recycle the D-180 and then they will come up as "AP: OFF-OFF" and everything will be fine for the rest of the flight.  The other day I did not notice the "AP: ERR-ERR" until I was flying and I did 3 or 4 re-boots in-flight and the D-180 never recognized the AP so I just gave up.  Since this is an intermittent problem, there seems to be no rhyme or reason in troubleshooting it.  About the only thing I have to check is the fuse, and it is fine.  Since it never goes into ERR during flight, I know it cannot be a intermittent wiring issue.

Dave G.
601XL w/ D-180 and roll/pitch autopliot

DBRV10

Next time it does that just go about your business for a while and see if they come on line. You may find its a matter of the comms sorting themselves out.

Not sure otherwise.. :-?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Dave,

Give support a call at 425-402-0433 when you get a chance. This will be easier to troubleshoot with you a little more personally

s24789

I am having the exact same problem with a D180 and two servos. I have to reset the power to the servos before the d180 will see them. No one including Dynon seems to know how or why this happens.
phelps :-[