av data update

darrellpralle

I love flying!
i have tried at least 6 times to update av data with no sucess. have updated several times before with no problem. am running 7.1 program

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What data source are you using (FAA, Jeppesen, PocketFMS)?

What country are you in?

What errors are you getting?

Bill_H

I love flying!
Is there someone else at your airport with a Skyview that can walk you through the process? If not i would suggest that you schedule a time with Dynon so that when you are at the plane, they can talk you through it over your cell phone, and be able to ask very specific questions as to exactly what errors are occurring at each step in the process.

Read your post as if you are someone wanting to help - you aren't giving us anything to go on. Is your Skyview recognizing the USB drive, for example. Is it trying to load? Can it write to the drive? Lots of questions... Your post is like saying only "My car won't start."

Follow the exact procedure in the manual. Note which steps work, and at exactly which step you encounter a problem, and exactly what the symptoms of the problem are.

NASA515

I love flying!
I had this problem and think I have the solution - at least I was able to solve my problem.

My November updates kept failing - despite numerous downloads from the website and uploads to SV.  Finally, I waited for the December cycle - same thing.

On reviewing my history, I found that I had signed up for the Seattle Avionics chart subscription.  This service downloads chart updates to your thumbdrive for airport info.  I had left the thumbdrive installed in the airplane.  I brought it home and sure enough, it was out-of-date, and downloaded a large nuber of update changes.

When I reinstalled in the airplane - with no changes made to the Dynon data, the OUT-OF-DATE nag message no longer appeared.

So, for me - with a chart data subscription - I determined BOTH the Dynon database and the Chart database must be kept up to date to avoid the nag message. 

I'm not sure if leaving the thumbdrive out still generates the nag message - in other words, once you've told SV you have a chart subscription, it remembers between uses and looks for it.  I'll have to play with that part to make a determination.

So, if you have a Chart subscription and have not updated it via the Seattle Avionics downloader, that might be your problem.  If you don't have a Chart subscription, then there's another problem.

Bob Bogash
RV-12
N737G