Blank black screen

jsmall

I have a D10A installed in my near completed RV7a, this has worked faultlessly since installation 12 months ago until today. I flicked the master switch and pressed the left button on the unit to turn it on, the screen went blue as usual for about a second and then switched off, i am now unable to switch the unit on . Pressing the left button does absolutely nothing with or without the master supply on. Is there a reset switch / proceedure for reset or would removing the internal battery help? Ser no 3140. Internal battery voltage 16.2V main bus 12.2V prior to failure.     Any suggestions please? Update-- I have removed the internal battery and replaced it but still the unit fails to operate.:-/

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The D10A should come on when master power is applied. If you have to hit the power button after you turn on the master, you may have a blown fuse or some other wiring problem. Are you sure you need to hit the power button to get it to turn on?

jsmall

My Dynon usually comes on automatically when i switch the avionics switch on after the master. On this occasion i brought the unit on with the internal battery after the master switch was on. I have done this many times before without incedent, I have removed the D10A from the aircraft but it still will not operate even off the internal battery. Seems totally dead. I have checked all the wiring and nothing has changed, i checked the diode across the master relay in case that had gone open circuit, allowing a spike to occur but that was ok, so strange as this has been installed and used for over twelve months, i have updated the checklists and software releases without any problems.

Regards, Jim

PieChaser

Hi Jim
Just wondering if you got your problem sorted, I was just about to take the plunge and order the D100 and D120 together for my 7.
Pete Hambilton

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Pete,
We have thousands of units out in the field. Sometimes things do go wrong with them, but we always fix them ASAP. We have a full time support specalist, and we generally reccomend you call or email him directly if you have a problem like this. If your aircraft is currently flying, we do our very best to get it turned around in 5 days or less.

Jim did call us and he's sending the unit back for repair. We don't have it yet, so we don't know what's up with it, but you can rest assured that the instruments are very reliable and we stand behind them fully.

jsmall

I spoke with Dynon who were most courteous and gave me a returns number. The unit was sent from England and was back with me in 14 days , that's what i call service :) Many thanks to a super company.
Regards
Jim

PieChaser

Glad you got it sorted Jim, sounds like pretty good back up service. I have just placed an order for the D100 and D120 with all the bits and pieces, so hoefully I will be able to make some real progress on my panel soon.  :)

Peter H