Bugs and Knob Panel

jnmeade

Must a bug engaged via the knob panel be enabled on the joystick? It not, I'd disable it on the joystick to clean up the joystick bug menu and always adjust it via the knob panel.

Flying_Monkey

You can remove the redundant ones from the menu (HDG, BARO, ALT) makes it a little faster to navigate and assign functions. Don't forget you can touch the area of the screen to make the HDX knob take that function (example touching airspeed will make the knob control airspeed bug). It can be faster to do this in non-turbulent conditions.

dlloyd

One bug you might want to keep and use would be the MDA bug. You can select an audio warning above that when the bug is set. That is the only thing I remember using from the display after the knob and button panel were installed.

N941WR

I use the SV's knob set to vertical speed and use the knob panel for all the rest.

As dlloyd mentioned, it would be nice to have the option to configure what is displayed on the knob(s). In my case, I would probably leave VS and MDA.

peter9545

I love flying!
You can remove the redundant ones from the menu (HDG, BARO, ALT) makes it a little faster to navigate and assign functions. Don't forget you can touch the area of the screen to make the HDX knob take that function (example touching airspeed will make the knob control airspeed bug). It can be faster to do this in non-turbulent conditions.
On Skyview unit, using one of the two knobs, just select (highlight) the menu by depressing knob momentarily > then . . using the Skyview knob, toggle up or down, to another selection, i.e. Vertical Speed > finally, push Skyview Knob in momentarily once (menu disappears) > Bingo! it is then set.

Instructions are also in Skyview Pilot's User Guide.

That process seems to be how to choose a different selection. What I am hoping to do is delete the 'baro' option from the screen, because I already have this permanently on the knob panel.

Flying_Monkey

"To select which BUGS are enabled for selection on the BUGS Knob, select MENU (Button 6) on the Main Menu, then select the PFD TOOLS icon, then BUGS icon. On the BUGS menu page, select/deselect the various BUGS per your preferences." HDX User Guide 4-3. Hope that helps!

peter9545

I love flying!
Thanks for the ideas.

I have a Classic and after much playing around it seems I can turn off every bug with the exception of 'baro'. No idea why this is, but it is no great inconvenience really.