C172N Skyview HDX Install

robby

1609533170292.png1609533186045.png

Thought I would share our new panel, which has been about six months in the works and is finally flying! Skyview HDX + Autopilot, Engine Monitoring, ADS-B, and an IFD 540. Four of us fly this plane and three will be doing IFR training in it, pretty stoked to have such a great platform to do it in.

Shoutout to the whole Stellar Avionics crew at KSNC, who did a really nice job from beginning to end on this and worked through a lot of COVID difficulties/delays to get it done. They're a certified Dynon installer and I'd highly recommend them if anybody else in the northeast is considering going this route.

n144sh

I love flying!
That looks fantastic, I suspect you are going to love it. Why did it take months? That seems WAY excessive. I would think a competent installer could get it done in 4-6 weeks max.

robby

That looks fantastic, I suspect you are going to love it. Why did it take months? That seems WAY excessive. I would think a competent installer could get it done in 4-6 weeks max.
I should have proactively clarified this. It took a while partly due to COVID, but also because I asked them to do a ton of other stuff while they were in there. The guy who did it was homeschooling his kid during the day and working nights to get it done, and there was a delay getting the physical panel cut from a local supplier. They found an unrelated issue while installing the EMS that I elected to have them fix through a subcontractor. Beyond what's pictured, I also had them install a ground power system, a 406 ELT, nav/position/beacon LEDs, strobes (and sync wires for them), new audio stations, and repair the handbrake and some older wiring that was taught and buttspliced.

n144sh

I love flying!
I should have proactively clarified this. It took a while partly due to COVID, but also because I asked them to do a ton of other stuff while they were in there. The guy who did it was homeschooling his kid during the day and working nights to get it done, and there was a delay getting the physical panel cut from a local supplier. They found an unrelated issue while installing the EMS that I elected to have them fix through a subcontractor. Beyond what's pictured, I also had them install a ground power system, a 406 ELT, nav/position/beacon LEDs, strobes (and sync wires for them), new audio stations, and repair the handbrake and some older wiring that was taught and buttspliced.
That makes more sense. Very nice looking install.