Can you use Jeppesen Chart Data for flying in Mexico on a USA Certified Aircraft??

JP JR

I have my SkyView HDX system installed in a Cessna 182 and when flying to Mexico the Seattle Avionics data only provides scanned versions of the Mexico Charts. this leaves a lot to be desired as I loose all of the excellent functionality of having Chart Airport data and Plates ect. available at your finger tips like we have in the USA.

Does anyone know if I buy a one time data base upload from Jeppesen if it would work on my memory sticks for viewing charts and plates and airport data on my HDX while I am flying outside the USA? I don't see any restrictions on ether the Dynon or Jeppesen sites other than its only for use in Experimental inside the USA and no similar restriction for aircraft outside the USA.

Just thought I would as before I spend the $128 subscription fee

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Jeppesen data works for airport and obstacle information, but we can't display charts or plates from them.
Others use Seattle Avionics for charts (no plates to my knowledge) and Jepp for airport information.