CDI & Glide Slope on EFIS

GigG

I see that you have added CDI and Glide Slope on the main EFIS screen. THAT IS GREAT. Any photo's of that on the site. I couldn't find any. Also will it display CDI/GS when in the 2/3 screen mode on a 180?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It doesn't look like there are any of that up on our site yet, but we'll be adding more screenshots soon.

GigG

It doesn't look like there are any of that up on our site yet, but we'll be adding more screenshots soon.

What about the second part of the question? Will the CDI/GS show up on the EFIS display when in the 2/3 screen mode?

ghostriver

I see the may Sport Aviation has a screenshot of the EFIS with CDI and Glide Slope and wind arrow. Looks good.

dscryder

I have looked over this site and cannot find previous discussion regarding my subject.  I appologise if it is there and I just don't know my way around the this forum.  I have been flying my new panel for about two weeks now.  I have a D-100, Truetrak Digiflight VSGV, Garmin 430w and want to fly VNAV approaches using the new HSI and glide slope feature of the D-100.  The D-100 manual states the glide slope feature only works with a localizer signal.  My airport has a VNAV approach but not a localizer.  Am I going to have to install an external CDI with a GS after all? The Garmin 430W simulator  functions with other CDI Glide Slopes,  why not the Dynon HSI Glide Slope on a VNAV approach?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The Garmin 430 only outputs GPS horizontal data over the serial connection. No vertical nav or NAV radio information is sent.

To hook up to the NAV radio or get GPS vertical guidance, you need to hook up via ARINC 429. The D100 does not have a native ARINC 429 interface. We just announced an add-on product at Sun n Fun that will add ARINC to any Dynon EFIS. It's called the HS34. We expect to be shipping it in a few months.

You can find more info here: http://dynonavionics.com/docs/HS34_intro.html

Yakboy

Seriously though guys... Is it so hard to get an image of the D100 split with HSI and the CDI/glideslope on the main screen???
I want to get an Idea as to what kind of scan I need to do.

PLEEASE :)

Brantel

Ok supper moderator man.  Now show us one with a NAV data source  ;D

Looks like a GPS with GS shot, did this use a 430 with the new 429 interface?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's fake data produced by our demo program. It's possible on a 430 with the HS34 or a 396/496 though.

The SL30 won't look any different on the left side. The right will be green instead of magenta just like it is today.

Brantel

Question, why is the to/from flag pointing opposite the GPS course line? For that matter, why have a to/from indicator on a GPS HSI?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Once again, fake data, fake data, fake data. We posted a screen shot of what the symbology is, not a fully logical HSI display.

Yakboy

DAMN that's nice...
Thanks guys..
Much easier to read with the black tabs.
and an ILS will be a breeze!
Looking forward to getting this into my Yak next month... (If it gets delivered...)))))

Brantel

Will you get a GS bar on the main screen when connected via the 429 interface to a 430W on VNAV/LPV approaches?

Etienne

I see also that the GS indicator goes through the info display area... Are these info areas still available, or have you done away with them? Certainly the VS display isn't needed any more :)

Looks very, VERY nice!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
On a 2/3 D100 screen, you cannot display the left info item if the GS is turned on.

jim

I think the center ("On") position of the LOC/GS should be in reference to the airplane symbol on the display. I.e., the On glidepath position should be directly left of the aircraft symbol; the on Localizer should be directly below the center of the airplane symbol.

khorton

I think the center ("On") position of the LOC/GS should be in reference to the airplane symbol on the display.  I.e., the On glidepath position should be directly left of the aircraft symbol; the on Localizer should be directly below the center of the airplane symbol.
I agree 100%. The aircraft symbol is a very large, compelling symbol, and it would be much better to line the G/S scale up with this symbol.