checklists

lbgjb

I want to modify checklists, so made my own on Word. I tried to copy the checklist to spot where I wanted it on Dynon on computer, but it didn't work (via clipboard). I tried to 'upload' from harddrive via upload from disk on Dynon program (Word file) but that didn't work also. It said it was wrong type of program. How to take Word text file of personal checklist info and place on Dynon page so I can upload to instrument. thanks. lbb

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The latest Dynon Support Program on our website has functionality that will let you create and save checklists without being connected to the EFIS. So you do not need to use Word or Notepad anymore when your not in front of your airplane. Make sure you have the latest version of the Support Program to take advantage of this feature.

I've tried copy/pasting between word and the Dynon Support program and have not had any trouble getting the text between the two. It might help to copy the text from Word into Notepad as an intermediate step, and then select the text in notepad and copy/paste it into the Dynon Support Program.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The paste will fail in the checklist program if the text is too long to fit into the instrument. Try copying only half of your text and see if that works. If it does, you'll need to trim down what you are trying to put on the screen.

bhester

I just upgrade to the new fireware. I downloaded the chk list file to me laptop so I could edit it at home. I open it in the program and try to enter text on a chk list but it will not let me type. I can highlight a line and delete it but when I try to type it just beeps. How can I edit? This is the first time I have done this, never did it with the older version. After I was done I pressed cancel so it would not save my changes (deleted lines) but when I opened it again it did save it the way I had left it :-( :-/

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you have whitespace or text in front of the text you are trying to write, the support program may thing that the checklist is effectively "full" and will not let you type further. Make sure you've actually deleted text before writing in new.

Cancel takes you out of the checklist composition screen but does not discard changes you've made to the checklist you're composing. It holds it in a buffer so that you can come back to it later. Note that this buffer will be overwritten whenever you save or load a checklist from a file, or retrieve checklists from an EFIS.

If you want to revert to an older version of a saved checklist, simply reload it from a saved file or the instrument. Likewise, if at any point you want to make sure you don't loose your edits, explicitly save your work to a checklist file.