CHT and EGT spikes

Janekom

I love flying!
On behalf of a friend - RV7A with one classic Skyview 10" . Flying with him I have noticed that his CHT and EGT readings spike upwards when he transmits on the radio. Never seen this before.

I am thinking engine grounding? Any othr ideas?

jakej

If the EMS is an early manufactured unit then that may need to go back to Dynon however the ‘spikes’ won’t impact on the system. There are ‘filtered’ dsub connectors ( installed in series- I only have the 37 & 9 pin ones, will give them to you if needed) that may fix the issue. Hopefully that is a solution for you due to the expense of shipping to/ from USA -Dynon support can further advise on your options.

Last edited:

Janekom

I love flying!
Jakey that is very kind offer from you. I am in South Africa and you in Australia. I am wondering where else I could source these?

Andrew912

I love flying!
If the EMS is an early manufactured unit then that may need to go back to Dynon however the ‘spikes’ won’t impact on the system. There are ‘filtered’ dsub connectors ( installed in series- I only have the 37 & 9 pin ones, will give them to you if needed) that may fix the issue. Hopefully that is a solution for you due to the expense of shipping to/ from USA -Dynon support can further advise on your options.
Hi JakeJ, Can you recall if all the EMS inputs need the filters or just the connector for the EGT, CHT?

jakej

You could try adding the "filtered" adapter to the 25pin dsub connector however the better solution is to return the EMS unit to Dynon & they will modify it - contact support direct.
I'll pm you.