CO2 detectors

Corefile

I know there are a couple experimental CO2 detectors that can show alerts on the Dynon - are there any certified op

Corefile

So looking at the Aithre site - only thing that would be an option would be Shield 4.0 since it’s considered a portable device? All their other CO2 monitors that are mounted are experimental.

DBRV10

So looking at the Aithre site - only thing that would be an option would be Shield 4.0 since it’s considered a portable device? All their other CO2 monitors that are mounted are experimental.
Old thread I know, but just searching this topic I found your post.

AITHRE have a certified unit, however if you have a HDX STC installation you can still install the integrated unit.

For fitting to a non EFIS certified machine go here https://aithreaviation.com/products...ide-detector-panel-led-indicator-with-ios-app

Corefile

Thanks David I ended up going with a Guardian device - not as fancy as the AITHRE unit for sure. But now I have more time to focus on studying my Advance Pilot course so when I have the Dynon with Engine module and New PPONK engine completed I can make sure I'm running it properly from the day 1 of the engine.

kellym

I love flying!
Thanks David I ended up going with a Guardian device - not as fancy as the AITHRE unit for sure. But now I have more time to focus on studying my Advance Pilot course so when I have the Dynon with Engine module and New PPONK engine completed I can make sure I'm running it properly from the day 1 of the engine.
Well, I expect you are more interested in monitoring Carbon Monoxide (CO) than Carbon Dioxide (CO2). However, such a monitor will tell you almost nothing about how you are operating your engine. The engine module will give you real time operating information on EGT and CHT, which is what you really care about.

DBRV10

Kelly,

The CO detectors integrate the output of the detector so it can be sent to an EMS like the Skyview, then it has audio alerts for say when you pass 40ppm.

Corfile.......that is a pity, but in about 5 years when the guardian fails or is needing recalibration you can upgrade to an EX3.0, which will also do the blood sat % and your O2 cylinder monitoring, as well as iOs monitoring.
dynonIntegration_4ee500d0-ce33-4b96-b91b-524b2f6af69f_540x.JPG
AithreProductSuite06_02_20jpeg2_fc2d3d9e-5cfa-41cf-9e88-5b106b4793df_540x.jpg

robby

Old thread I know, but just searching this topic I found your post.

AITHRE have a certified unit, however if you have a HDX STC installation you can still install the integrated unit.
Hi David,

Are you saying you can install the 2.0 integrated unit in an STC installation even though the 2.0 is experimental only? Or do you mean you can connect the certified 5.0 to an HDX?

N7600J

I installed the eDot 5.0 in my panel a while ago and couldn't be happier. While it doesn't connect into my Dynon, I located the indicator in my sight line. Its the deep blue dot in the upper left corner.
Panel in flight_eDot.jpg

Last edited:

jimRuttler

I installed the eDot 5.0 in my panel a while ago and couldn't be happier. While it doesn't connect into my Dynon, I located the indicator in my sight line. Its the deep blue dot in the upper left corner.
View attachment 4966
We have new placards to improve the flaking corner. Call us and we will mail you one for no charge.

Rhino

Hi David,

Are you saying you can install the 2.0 integrated unit in an STC installation even though the 2.0 is experimental only? Or do you mean you can connect the certified 5.0 to an HDX?
I think he means the 5.0 to an HDX since the STC allows connection to certified equipment.