Compatibility of other manufacturers probes

Shemp

I love flying!
I currently have Electronics International EGT/CHT probes and am hoping to use them with a FLTDEK180. I also want to connect my Vans fuel gauges. Does anyone know if this will work?

Thanks

Rhino

I believe the probes should work if they're J or K type, depending on your engine, but I have no experience with the D180. There's quite a bit on CHT/EGT on the D180 in the archive forums that might be helpful. Just search for "D180 EGT" and you'll get quite a few hits.

EDIT: The Electronics International P-100 is K type, which is compatible with Dynon.

Not sure what you're asking about fuel gauges. You can use the fuel gauges on the D180 or just use Vans gauges. Your choice. If you want to use both at the same time, and I'm not sure why anyone would want to, you may require different senders. Someone more knowledgeable on that topic needs to chime in.

Last edited:

Shemp

I love flying!
Just want to make sure the vans fuel gauges will feed the 180

Rhino

That's why I said I wasn't sure what you're asking. The D180 has fuel gauges built in. You seem to be asking if a fuel gauge will feed a fuel gauge, and I don't understand that.

jakej

Shemp - if you are using the Vans fuel gauges & pairing them with the Dynon them that won’t work & why bother if it could, you just have more unnecessary things to fail potentially.
I‘d trust a calibrated fuel flow computer before a simple cheap float/ gauge system any day .
Fuel computer, eyeball & calibrated dipstick is what I prefer to trust before a fuel level gauge, YMMV ;)
BTW, as an aside, the EGT/ CHT probes (J & K type as required by Dynon) will work even if they are the ‘ungrounded’ type that VMS (VisionMicroSystems) used.

Last edited: