D-180/HSI

speedy

Hi Folks,

just too lazy to read through all these ops-manuals:
Does a Narco NAV 122D work with the D-180 - or any other small NAV receiver. I can not install the SL 30 into my panel, and I have no need for an additional COMNAV (e.g. SL30).

Thanks for responsing, take care!

speedy

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
IF the Narco works, it would require the HS34 HSI expansion module (which provides the analog conenctivity). However, we haven't had direct experience with it.

speedy

Hi Folks again,

what does your "IF" mean? Is it just general speaking, or do you have bad experiences with that NAV. Can you recommend other nav receivers, to install "hidden" in my aircraft (Speed Canard) - in combination with your HS34 (or without ;-)......).

Thanks so much, the best meanwhile!

speedy

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Correct: our "IF" means that we do not have direct experience at all with that Narco radios. The two that we know work from our own experiences here are the SL30 and the Garmin 430 (and similar) series.

There are reports that the 480 works as well, as do the older "XL" series of Garmin products. You can find accounts of customers' experiences with different units.

As for a "hidden" radio - note that the HS34 is an interface module that can tune course, heading, and change the bearing pointers. It does not have the ability to change and activate frequencies, so whatever radio or GPS you connect it to needs to be panel-mounted out front.