D100 "Network connection lost" Failure

MikeW

The D-100 PFD screen went blank and we saw Network Connection Lost message. What are the cause and fix? (I did see a mention/definition of this failure alert in the Dynon Pilot's Guide, but the description and suggested fix provided no insights or specific ideas).

Last edited:

MikeW

The D-100 PFD screen went blank and we saw Network Connection Lost message. What are the cause and fix? (I did see a mention/definition of this failure alert in the Dynon Pilot's Guide, but the description and suggested fix provided no insights or specific ideas).
I should add that we were fortunately able to recycle the PFD by pulling out and pushing back in the EFIS circuit breaker, but what would have been the fix or response had that not worked?

paul.mcallister

Hi, did you ever resolve this? Mine does the same and Im not sure where to start with trouble shooting it.

MikeW

It fortunately never happened again, so I am assuming it was a connection (wireless?) issue between avionic components. So it seems resetting the EFIS CB did the trick by somehow re-establishing the communication connection, but I'm not sure exactly how. The POH only makes a brief mention of the problem and was of no help.

TRCsmith

Sounds like you lost the primary and backup secondary wires. Loose connection broken or misaligned pins. Time to check the connections in the harness.

MikeW

Sounds like you lost the primary and backup secondary wires. Loose connection broken or misaligned pins. Time to check the connections in the harness.
Would resetting the EFIS CB take care of that?

Rhino

No. That's a wiring problem, either in the connectors or the wires themselves.