D10A full grey sceen?

Pauljeanyves

I love flying!
Hello,
I made a brand new installation of a D10A, HS34 and AP74, today in flight after about 17 hours without any problem, suddenly my D10A screen became full grey, but more light grey than dark grey, I tried to reset it by powering off the breaker (dedicated to D10A) without any effect. I check the voltage on bus bar 14.4V .Then I kept the D10A disconnected up to landing. After landing arriving at the hangar I tried again to power it on and then all full screen was ok , all colours where ok et everything readable.
Any explanation of what have been happening during this flight. Many thanks for help.

Pauljeanyves

I love flying!
Hello,
I made a brand new installation of a D10A, HS34 and AP74, today in flight after about 17 hours without any problem, suddenly my D10A screen became full grey, but more light grey than dark grey, I tried to reset it by powering off the breaker (dedicated to D10A) without any effect. I check the voltage on bus bar 14.4V .Then I kept the D10A disconnected up to landing. After landing arriving at the hangar I tried again to power it on and then all full screen was ok , all colours where ok et everything readable.
Any explanation of what have been happening during this flight. Many thanks for help.
New flight today, after about 40 min same problem but I noticed few minutes before that the speed was wrong but the altitude was ok compared to my classical airspeed and altimeter. Then during few minutes again after the screen became light grey (so the D10A was not powered off) there was a strange phenomena: during about 3 or 4 seconds the display was grey, then during the same time it became black as it has been powered off and this sequence repeated several time during few minutes then I disconnected the power from the breaker.
When I landed I check the temperature of the D10A just with my hand but it was not warm at all.
Hope it help to understand a possible root cause of the problem.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Hard to say what's going on here. It might be a hardware issue. One question: when you say it "went gray", was it just the attitude with an on-screen message? Or do you mean that all you saw was a completely gray screen? In either case, please contact our support team at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com so that we can help you diagnose this issue.