D10A Internal battery failure?

Leonard_Smith_nz

All,

I've had my D10A for approximately 6 months now. When I received the unit (and on at least on subsequent occasion) I charged the internal battery for a few hours. I've not played with the unit for a few months and when I turned it on this morning...nothing. Thinking that it simply needed a charge I connected it an external power source and left if (still switched off) for a few hours.

When I returned it on it still wouldn't run off the internal battery. I thought that maybe it needed to be switched on to charge so now I'm trying that...after 1 hours still unable to run off the internal battery. I'll keep charging it for an extended period....

Have I got a problem? Also, it's making a faint buzzing sound which goes away when I turn it off. Is this normal? Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,
Leonard

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Leonard,
The unit only charges the internal battery when it is turned on, or when the "keep alive" wire has power. It can take quite a few hours to charge a battery that is completely dead.

You can check the status of the internal battery when the unit is on by going to "Menu -> Info -> Left -> Vmeter". The battery will be listed as the "I" voltage. A dead battery is about 14.0V, a fully charged one is 16.8V. Please check this out and let us know what the battery looks like after at least 4 hours of charging.

The buzzing noise is expected- the backlight in the unit runs at high voltage and a medium frequency. Sometimes this can be heard in quiet environments.