D10A + SL30  CDI not showing

lgingell

I have a D10A (current software) connected to a newly installed SL30. Did a flight test today, and the HSI page shows communication with the SL30, the Identifier shows up (e.g. RDD) and the frequencies, to/from numbers. The yellow (course indicator?) shows up OK, but the green CDI does not.

Tried an flying an ILS. The glideslope shows on the right (centered), but doesn't move, and the CDI doesn't display. The freq, ID and 'loc' all show up OK.

I'm guessing that this is some kind of config in the SL30, since it is obviously communicating with the D10A OK. I do have 'indicator head' set to 'serial'.

Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers,
..lance

Thomas_Schaad

Re: D10A + SL30  CDI not showing

It's in the setup of the SL30. I don't have the handbook with me now, but if I remember right, you need to select no resolver. Anyhow, it's in the setting of the resolver, which you will find in the SL30 handbook. You have about three possibilities and one will work.

Kind regards

Thomas ;)

lgingell

Thanks Thomas, I'll check that out. Maybe I need to set the indicator head to NOTHING from SERIAL....I'll try it tomorrow.

Cheers,
..lance

lgingell

For anyone elses benefit, it worked. The SL30 resolver (indicator head) should be set to "NOTHING" for this to work.

Thanks again Thomas.

GPS Issues
-------------
Now I have another issue in that particular airplane.... the GPS (Apollo GX65) I have the D10A hooked up to will display some GPS data, and track, speed, winds on the D10A, but no CDI needle either! It *is* getting a signal from the GPS, but apparently not the destination waypoint.
I am wondering if the GX65 isn't sending out quite the datastream that the D10A likes. I know this was brought up in the past. Any word on support for this?

Cheers,

..lance