D180 Fuel Flow

aerovolga

I love flying!
The installation manual for Dynon D180 says that for Rotax carburated engines (We've got Rotax 914) with return fuel line to the tank, for correct fuel flow numbers I need to use matronics' differential module. So I've already have FFDM-1 differential module with one 'Red cube' FT-60 and one 'Golden cube' FT-90. There are three questions:
1) Is it possible to use FFDM-1 with Dynon D180 and connect them like just a usual FT-60 'Red cube'? Or there is a special instructions?
2) Do I need to use second FT-60 'Red cube' instead of FT-90 'Golden cube'
3) Even if 1 and 2 are correct and it possible, I wonder about the K-factor, how to calculate it?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
1) The matronics computer does simple subtraction. And I think that implies - unless it has its own setting - that the fuel flow sensors must basically "match" in terms of K-factor. The FT-90 and FT-60 don't (they have K-factors that are about double one another), so I think you'll need to pick one model and pick another of those up.
2) Or vice versa. Two FT-60s or two FT-90s, basically.
3) Once you have two like sensors installed, start with the base k-factor specified by the sensor model, and then adjust the Dynon k-factor as if you have just one sensor installed.