D180 ver1.2

sasi

Hi
I have a very early D180 and I have 2x 9 pin to up load.
Yesterday I tried to load it with version 4.2 the 120 had no problem but the 180 that has the ver 1.2 nothing on ether of the 9 pins,the laptop recognised the device on com 4 but it would not talk to the device. Got the software error and closed, also I can not bring the DSAB up to link the 2.
Help !!!!!!
Regards Farry

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
DSAB only exists in version 4 or newer, so that is expected. But what is not expected is two EMS units in the plane. Hooking a D120 and a D180 together is not a very normal installation. These units can share EFIS information, but not EMS information, and you cannot hook two EMS units to one sender.

You should only try and upload to the D9 that is on the D25 on the D180. The other D9 (the one plugged into the D37) is not used on a D180. I'd say try again and make 100% sure you are using the right port on the D180.

Besides that, it's hard to say what is wrong. You should be able to update that system with no problems, and since you could do your 120, it seems like your PC is working right.

sasi

Thank you for the info .
Can I use the 120 as a slave just for the display or not,I understand that
the EGT and CHT can use the same sender .
Regards Farry

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The D120 can only be used to slave EFIS data. An EMS's data is always sourced from its own EMS inputs. While EGTs and CHTs can be split, that is not true of many of the other pressure and temperature sensors.