D700-Screen failure in flight

pe190

I have 2 D700's. One was replaced just over a years ago due to this problem. Now it looks like the other one is playing up as well. The screen will fail and go stripped mulit-color see attached pic. A 1,2,5 reboot will fix it but then it sometimes fails again soon after.? I have the latest firmware updates and I am running pocket FMS.Also 1 ADAHRS and 2 AP servos
What can be done? :-[

Attachments

• IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 91

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Two identical failures like that, and the description you give makes me wonder about overheating. Can you go into setup, local display info, hardware status, and give you CPU and SYSTEM TEMP after the unit has been on for a while? You'll need 3.3 firmware to do this.

pe190

After flying for about 35 mins the screen failed again as above so i 1,2,5 rebooted and check internal temps both cpu and int temps were 53 deg but the fans were at 0 rpm.The faults seems intermittent as it does not always happen on every flight.?
At what temps do the fans come on?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That doesn't sound temperature related given that extra data. Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433, and make sure to mention this thread and that this is the second display that has acted up on you.