Data Logging

bicyclops

Howdy,
I consider data logging/graphing to be such a valuable tool that it has become a go/nogo item for me. When will such functionality be part of the D10-EMS?
Pax,

Ed

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ed,
What kind of "data logging" are you looking for?

The EMS streams all the values out of the back of the unit on a serial port. You can capture this into a text file and display it in Excel, assuming you have a laptop plugged in. Or you could write a program to do this, as all of the data protocol is in the uder's guide. We do the same thing on the EFIS.

If you want internal data logging, that is something we would like to do in the future, but we don't have a date for you. It's a complex problem, involving memory inside the EMS, a user interface to set up the datalogging, a way to download it to a PC, and a PC program to display it. Not easy, unfortunatley.

alfons

I can see your problem with sapce to acces the data logging port what about data logging via smart card on an external slot or with a card reader is this possible to install a card writer then the flash or smart card is removed and the data is retrived to a pc were you can your data logging after evry flight or so on???

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Alfons,
We currently do not support logging to a data card, since we have no way to hook a card into our system. There are devices out there that can read from a serial port onto a data card, but we have never used them. We do plan on having flash cards in our systems in the future, on the DSAB bus that all of our current products support (except the original D10).