DSAB connection lost

waiter

current firmware (5.1) on EFIS and EMS

I was about 3 hours into a flight and decided to change the EMS fuel pressure warnings and alarms.

When I went to the setupup screen for the EMS and started to change the settings, I noticed I had a LOST DSAB alarm on the EFIS.

I didn't think anything of it, perhaps its something to do with doing the setups.

Anyway,the DSAB never did make connection again. I also tried it a couple days later, DSAB still no connection. Any Ideas??

Waiter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Try re-configuring DSAB as a first step. Does it find the EMS at all?

PhantomPholly

Try re-configuring DSAB as a first step. Does it find the EMS at all?

Interesting - are you thinking that he may have accidentally changed DSAB configuration while attempting to change the alarms, or is it possible that by changing the alarms he may have invalidated the DSAB settings?

If it is possible that changing alarm settings in flight can invalidate your DSAB setup, you may want to post a warning to that effect.

If the cause is loose wires, re-configuring may work initially but will re-occur, potentially in the weather.

My personal inclination would be to re-check the wires even if Dynon's suggestion re-establishes a successful DSAB connection.

waiter

Neither one sees the other.

EMS doesn't see EFIS and EFIS doesn't see EMS.

I'll get the book out and see what I need to do to reconfigure DSAB.

During my setup of the EMS fuel pressure, I do remember passing by a screen that I can tell it what order to display the different EFIS and EMS screens. I don't think I hit any buttons, just looked at it and said "Hey Thats cool".

I'll look at this today and get back to you. Thanks

Waiter

waiter

IT WORKS :)

I went into the EFIS DSAB setup, told it to go find DSAB devices, BAM; EMS is back.

EFIS sees the EMS ok and EMS sees the EFIS ok.

Thanks

Waiter