DSAB Interfaces

sgfreeman

I am goin to use a D-180 (primary), D-100, Hs-34, and AP-74 (roll only) and am currently working on installing all the harnesses and related wiring. The D-180 has (1) DSAB connector on the 25-pin EFIS connector and (2) on the EIS connector. Are these (the EFIS and EIS sides) interchangable in the unit so I can connect one to the HS-34, one to the D-100, one to the AP-74? Dose it matter which one connects to what unit? Does the AP-74 provide (2) DSAB connections- one for the EFIS interface and one for the servo interface or to avoid the need to splicing in?
Thanks, Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I forget if the two DSAB ports on the D-37 are usable on a D180. For sure the one on the D25 is usable. None of the other products (D100, HS34, AP74) have more than one DSAB port.

I'll have to check on Monday if you can use all 3 DSAB ports on a D180. If they work, they are all interchangable.

If you want to check yourself this weekend, you can just use a ohmmeeter. If the DSAB-A on the D25 is shorted to the DSAB-A's on the D37, then it's usable.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Just to follow up, only the one pair of wires on the D25 are active in a D180. The DSAB wires on the D37 are not active. Turns out we already had this on the list of things to fix about the next manual update.