Think you've improved on Dynon's EMS settings files (available here**TBD**) or have a unique EMS layout that you'd like to share? Feel free to post your setup here! Some guidelines:
- You can export settings from the SETUP>SYSTEM SOFTWARE>EXPORT menu when you have a USB stick inserted. This produces a bunch of categorized settings files. The ALL file contains all settings but the sensor characterizations. the SENSOR file shouldn't need to be imported or changed unless you've characterized your own, non-Dynon sensor type.
- You'll want to attach all or part of the .dfg file that is named airplane_version_EMS_yourname.dfg
- If you only want to post a layout, make a copy of the above file and delete everything but the layouts section. This will make it easier for people to import only the layouts without changing their other settings and pin mappings. Ditto for other areas of the settings files - they're pretty human-readable and can be broken up easily.
- Don't hesitate to start your own thread with your submission. Keeping each thread a discussion to a particular setup will help keep things clean.
- If you want to share more than one file at once (like a sensor configuration file and an EMS file), zip them up first, as the forum only allows one file per post.
- Likewise, before loading other people's settings, take a peek at the file to make sure it doesn't have other settings that you don't want. For example, loading someone's ALL file will change a lot more than just the EMS settings, probably much more than you want to change.
- Backup your settings by exporting them to the USB drive BEFORE loading someone else's settings. If you do this you can revert to your last known good state.
- Have fun!