Dynon HDX Installed in a PA32-300

Flying_Monkey

Thought I would share- I had the HDX installed in my PA32-300. I already had the JPI EDM 900 and the avionics stack. Dynon AP not avail for PA32-300 so I went with a competitor's product. The HDX is an amazing unit. Here is a tour of the panel....

Attachments

• IMG_2582.jpg
    IMG_2582.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 404

Kiwi

I agree a great video, I have a pa32-260 and looking at a similar upgrade, I wish Dynon‘S AP was certified for the pa32. just a quick question, what was the reason you went with a ipad dock instead of a second hdx screen? How are maps & plates etc I the Dynon? I am guessing the iPad is better?

Flying_Monkey

I agree a great video, I have a pa32-260 and looking at a similar upgrade, I wish Dynon‘S AP was certified for the pa32. just a quick question, what was the reason you went with a ipad dock instead of a second hdx screen? How are maps & plates etc I the Dynon? I am guessing the iPad is better?
I went with the iPad instead of the second screen for cost and because I had been so accustomed to using foreflight during the flight. The HDX does a great job of displaying charts/plates and they are easy to navigate to with the knob or touch screen. I usually pull up the approach plate on the map side of my HDX screen and zoom in to the georeferenced approach path and keep the iPad zoomed in on the descent profile section of the plate. I think a second HDX screen might be better and you could full screen the approach plate on that as well. Having the iPad and a stratus 2 always plugged in and attached to ADSB and GPS antenna on standby is a nice third backup just in case everything else fails in the airplane. iPad is always charged and so is the Stratus 2.